About The Bassett Nut Company
A Toledo Tradition in good taste, the Bassett Nut Company was founded in 1928, in the Magnolia Street garage of Mr. Sam Bassett. Although Mr. Bassett first started nut processing in his reconditioned gas coffee roaster, it certainly did the trick, sending the aroma of fresh roasted peanuts throughout the nearby downtown neighborhood and luring customers to his makeshift set up.
Mr. Bassett’s first move was to Morris Street, under the High Level Bridge – prior to moving operations to its warehouse district headquarters at 43 S. Huron in 1963, adding two new additional oil batch roasters. In 1989, the business was sold to its current owners, likewise a lifelong Toledo family. At that time, Bassett Nut Company was thriving as a processor, wholesaler and retailer of fresh roasted nuts dried fruits, snack mixes and gourmet popcorn, with locations at Franklin Park Mall, Northtown Mall and the Spitzer Arcade.
As food gifts continued to gain popularity as the perfect business to business gift, 1993 brought additional investments in packaging and printing equipment, now allowing Toledo companies to add their logo to the Bassett’s Gifts of good taste. Soon friends, family and business clients from around the world could enjoy this Toledo tradition in good taste. The Huron Street location in downtown Toledo was home for 35 years, until additional growth required for more space for processing, warehousing and office.
In 1998, Bassett Nut moved to its current home at 6210 Merger Drive in Holland, Ohio. Although the move to the Merger Street location was in a much larger facility for production and factory outlet store, the same processing equipment and techniques were used…keeping the same traditional recipes and quality associate with the Bassett Nut Company name.
We’re proud of our 90 years as part of the Toledo community, offering the finest quality food gifts in the Glass City, and we look forward to working together soon.